Date: Sunday September 30, 2018 10:00am-6pm (maybe later).
Range will be closed to the General Membership from 2:00 pm-6:30m (or later) so that the range can be set up for action pistol shooting.
Course will be $100 for those who qualify.
Holster Course Pre-Requisites:
In order to become holster qualified, a member must first meet the following criteria:
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age and hold a valid RPAL
- Candidate must have successfully completed the Range Safety Orientation course at Easthill Shooting Sports.
- The shooter must be a current full member in good standing who is an active, practiced, regular shooter.
- To qualify for this course you must also demonstrate a basic level of Marksmanship.
- Before attending the Holster Course, the candidate must have previously demonstrated a foundation of centre-fire pistol proficiency, and submit proof to the attention of Shawn (Easthill Range Officer)
To qualify the candidate will use standard bullseye targets. *(available in-store).
- Prior to attending the Holster Course, the candidate must fire a total of 20 rounds with an approved centre-fire pistol at a range of 20 YARDS.
- 16 of the 20 shots must strike within the scoring rings of a standard bullseye target.
*You may space the rounds fired across as many mag changes as you like, but the shots must be taken within the same course of fire. (i.e. Loading 2 rounds x 5 magazines)
*No time limit. First you get good, then you get fast.
*Both 1 and 2 handed practice and qualification is recommended.
- Sign, date, time-stamp your target for video review.
- YOU MUST HOLD YOUR TARGET UP TO THE CAMERA IN FRONT OF EACH BOOTH IMMEDIATELY BEFORE AND AFTER SHOOTING YOUR 20 ROUNDS.
- Candidates MUST record the exact time the qualifying target was shot for surveillance review by the RO’s prior to the course. Trigger discipline and muzzle control are imperative to move forward into holster practice and matches.
- Submit proof to the attention of Shawn or Jamesan (Easthill Range Officer)
Holster Course Summary:
This course will provide you with the knowledge and confidence necessary for safe holster use and practice at the range and in competition.
This course is not intended, nor will it certify you to shoot IPSC sanctioned matches. It will certify you to practice safely with a holster at the club level, and participate in CFI Action Pistol Leagues and Matches. Be advised that this is an advanced level course, in which trigger discipline, accuracy, muzzle control, and established safe-handling practices must be demonstrated and maintained consistently in order to maintain qualification. The shooter will be supervised in the and approved in the safe body mechanics of drawing and firing from a holster AND will be audited and be signed off on by no less than 2 certified instructors.
*Members will be immediately disqualified for unsafe handling or behavior.
If you are not successful at the course, you must practice more, enlist additional coaching, and attempt to qualify at the next available course.
Please do not buy cheap equipment, good quality product is a necessity for safety Candidate will bring:
- A revolver or auto-loader of any calibre. 9mm preferred.
- 1- Good quality OWB hip-holster, open top, which covers the trigger guard. Holsters can be leather or composite). Members are NOT permitted holsters with any auxiliary retention mechanisms.
- 1- Good quality holster belt, either single or double (velcro) style. No standard leather clothing belts.
Note: If you go onto compete in matches you are best to go with the double belt system.
- Minimum 3- magazines
- Minimum 2- Magazine holders
- Good comfortable sport shoes (ie. running)
- Eyes and ears
- Approx. 200 rounds of ammo. Factory ammo only, please NO RELOADS. NO WOLF AMMO.